Old Red Barn
Farm To Table Dinners
The Old Red Barn is located on our family farm, 7 minutes SW of Leduc, AB. We provide a "Taste of The Farm" dining experience right in the heart of the farm. This unique dinner takes place in the upper loft of our 1960's hip roof barn, overlooking the tranquil Whitemud creek and picturesque farm fields. We focus on locally produced foods, supporting local farmers & education on how food gets produced on farm.
Country Dining Experience
The Old Red Barn was formally used over 20 years ago as a milking barn for dairy cows. It sat empty for the last several years until it was brought back to life in 2017 with a new purpose for hosting "farm to table dinners." Rustic handmade tables, original wood beams & elegant chandeliers give the barn a timeless feeling. The two giant sliding windows of the barn give guests the opportunity to overlook the farm, & watch the dairy cows & horses graze under the setting sun.
The Old Red Barn is passionate about supporting local farmers and wants to tell the story of the farmer. Guests will learn about how food gets from farm to fork and feel reconnected back to the farm.
Come escape the busy city and feel at home on the peaceful farm.
The Old Red Barn brings in chefs from Edmonton & area to cook a high class, family style meal using locally raised meats & farm fresh produce. Some chefs we have featured include Chartier, Chef Harjeet Mehdwan from NAIT Culinary Arts School, & Chef Brad Smoliak from Kitchen by Brad
Our aim is to create a truly unique "experience" for our guests like no other.
The Old Red Barn proudly supports local farmers. Come, taste & experience the farm.
Previous Farm Table Dinners
- Saturday June 2, - Winemakers Dinner & Wine Tasting. Chef Harjeet Medhawn, NAIT. First dinner of the season!
- Saturday July 7, -Kitchen By Brad. Locally sourced meal influenced by the wines of Red Rooster Vineyards, BC.
Upcoming Farm Table Dinners 2018
- Tuesday July 17, Chef Jared Evangelos, (Catering by Gail) Smokehouse BBQ, Bourbon & Blues Theme
- Wednesday August 8-Chef Jared Evangelos, (Catering by Gail) Canadian Theme
- Sunday August 19-SOLD OUT -Alberta Open Farm Days, with Chartier Restaurant.
- Saturday August 25- Breakfast on the Dairy Farm, sponsored by Alberta Milk
~To contact The Old Red Barn please email: email@example.com~
View our Facebook page & invite friends to a Farm to Table Dinner!